Each year as basketball season approaches BigGoldNation gives Southern Miss fans the opportunity to get to know their Golden Eagles.
Fans are encouraged to post questions for each member of the team on the Loyalty Board. Then those questions are passed along to the players.
In the first edition of 5-Questions, BGN talks with senior guard Angelo Johnson.
1) Being a returning senior and one of the players with the most time in the black and gold has your role on the team changed coming into your senior year?
"I'm still going to look to distribute and make my teammates better. I think that my biggest role on the team is to be more vocal on the court and be a leader. I also need to pick up my scoring this year."
2) With so many first year players on the team, how has the team chemistry been in the early practices and drills?
"It's actually been really good. We've got a lot of unselfish players. The team chemistry has been great. We're starting to gel as a team. In the open gym, we got to know one another's games, but now it's coming along great."
3) Which of your new team mates are you most excited to see in on the court this year?
"Rashard (McGill), (Jonathan) Mills and Neil (Watson). I've also been hearing good things about Keith DeWitt. So I'm excited to see him play this year, too."
4) What part of your game has improved the most since arriving at Southern Miss?
"I definitely have to say my strength. I've got about eight or nine pounds of muscle over the summer. So definitely my strength, as well as getting to the basket and finishing."
5) How would you rate your experience at Southern Miss?
"It's been great. I'm a city kid, but I love it. My experience has been great and I couldn't have asked to be at a better place."